Band of Brothers/ The Pacific 2-Series Collection (DVD) [2001, 2010]
Free standard delivery on all orders (2-3 working days)
Band of Brothers
Based on the best seller by Stephen E. Ambrose, Band of Brothers tells the story of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army. Drawn from interviews with survivors of Easy Company, as well as soldiers’ journals and letters, Band of Brothers chronicles the experiences of these men, who knew extraordinary bravery and extraordinary fear. They were an elite rifle company parachuting into France early on D-Day morning, fighting in the Battle of the Bulge and capturing Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest at Berchtesgaden. They were also a unit that suffered 150 percent casualties, and whose lives became legend.
From executive producers Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Gary Goetzman, The Pacific tracks the real-life journeys of three U.S. Marines – Robert Leckie (James Badge Dale), Eugene Sledge (Joe Mazzello) and John Basilone (Jon Seda) – across the vast canvas of the Pacific theater during World War II. The miniseries follows these men and their fellow Marines from their first battle with the Japanese in Guadalcanal, through the rain forests of Cape Gloucester and the strongholds of Peleliu, across the bloody sands of Iwo Jima, through the horror of Okinawa, and finally to their triumphant but uneasy return home after V-J Day.
- Director & Crew:
- Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Stephen Ambrose. The Pacific: Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Jeremy Podeswa.
- Scott Grimes, Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston. The Pacific: James Badge Dale, Joseph Mazzello, Jon Seda.
- Release date:
- 2 November 2020
- Number of discs:
- Run Time:
- Band of Brothers: 782 / The Pacific: 582
- Aspect ratio:
- 1.78:1 Widescreen
- DTS-HD Master Audio: English 5.1 (The Pacific), Dolby Digital: English 5.1 (Band of Brothers) Dolby Digital
- Audio Languages:
- English and French
- English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish.