Batman: The Killing Joke (Hardback) Alan Moore & Brian Bolland - 9781401294052
Free standard delivery on all orders (2-3 working days)
- Critically acclaimed writer Alan Moore redefined the superhero with Watchmen and V for Vendetta. In Batman: The Killing Joke, he takes on the origin of comics' greatest super-villain, The Joker, and changes Batman's world forever.
- Written by critically acclaimed writer Alan Moore, whose works include Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell, Miracleman and much more.
- DC Black Label features standalone stories outside of DC continuity with some of the industry's biggest talents.
Batman: The Killing Joke is Alan Moore's unforgettable meditation on the razor-thin line between sanity and insanity, heroism and villainy, comedy and tragedy. One bad day is all it takes according to the grinning engine of madness and mayhem known as the Joker, that's all that separates the sane from the psychotic. Freed once again from the confines of Arkham Asylum, he's out to prove his deranged point. And he's going to use Gotham City's top cop, Commissioner Jim Gordon, and the Commissioner's brilliant and beautiful daughter Barbara to do it. DC Black Label, a new publishing imprint from DC Entertainment, gives premier talent the opportunity to expand upon the canon of DC's iconic Super Hero comic book characters with unique, standalone stories that are outside of the current DC Universe continuity. An all star line-up of creative teams will craft their own personal definitive DC stories in the tradition of compelling literary works like Batman: The Dark Knight Returns DC: The New Frontier and Kingdom Come.
- Alan Moore & Brian Bolland
- Age Suitability:
- Publisher & imprint:
- DC Comics / DC Black Label
- Publication date:
- Dimensions (mm):
- About the author:
- Alan Moore is perhaps the most acclaimed writer in the graphic story medium, having garnered countless awards for works such as Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, Miracleman and Swamp Thing. He is also the mastermind behind the America's Best Comics line, through which he has created (along with many talented illustrators) The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Promethea, Tom Strong, Tomorrow Stories and Top 10. As one of the medium's most important innovators since the early 1980s, Moore has influenced an entire generation of comics creators, and his work continues to inspire an ever-growing audience. Moore resides in central England.