Extras: Season 1 (DVD)
Synopsis: Complete first series of the BBC comedy from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, following the humiliations of professional film extra Andy Millman (Gervais) and his eccentric friend Maggie (Ashley Jensen) as they try - and fail - to gain significant lines or parts in various productions. A host of famous actors send themselves up in cameo roles. In 'Ben Stiller', the Hollywood comedian is directing a film about the Bosnia conflict, and Andy tries to win a role by making friends with the refugee who wrote the script. In 'Ross Kemp', the TV hardman tries to convince Andy that his image is real, before being humiliated by the much harder Vinnie Jones. In 'Kate Winslet', the actress hopes her role in a Nazi war drama will win her an Oscar, and Andy tries a little too hard to get close to her. In 'Les Dennis', Andy gets a break playing in a panto alongside the washed-up TV star. In 'Samuel L. Jackson', Maggie gets into difficulties trying to prove she isn't racist, while Andy manages to get a line on a film the Hollywood superstar is making. Finally, in 'Patrick Stewart', Andy manages to enlist the Shakespearean actor's help in getting a script he's written to the BBC, but makes a fool of himself when he realises the script editor he's meeting with is gay.
Director: Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant
Cast: Ricky Gervais, Ashley Jensen, Stephen Merchant, Shaun Pye, Shaun Williamson
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.