This striking and moving documentary from BAFTA nominated directors Jacqui and David Morris traces the extraordinary life of Rudolf Nureyev. From his birth in the 5th class carriage of a trans-Siberian train, to his dramatic leap to freedom in the West at the height of the Cold War, and unprecedented adulation as the most famous dancer in the world.
The film highlights Nureyev’s unlikely yet legendary partnership with Margot Fonteyn and charts his meteoric rise to the status of global cultural phenomenon. Nureyev’s life plays out like the sweeping plot of a classic Russian novel. His story is Russia’s story.
Blending never-before-seen footage, with an original score by award-winning composer Alex Baranowski and spellbinding newly choreographed dance tableaux directed by Royal Ballet alumnus, Russell Maliphant, NUREYEV is a theatrical and cinematic experience like no other. This is a portrayal as unique as the man himself. There will never be another Nureyev.
The Impact of AIDS on the Dance Community
Director’s Commentary and Deleted Scenes
Claude De Vulpian and Rudolf Nureyev Rehearsing The Nutcracker
Director: David Morris, Jacqui Morris
Cast: Faith Prendergast, Marlon Dino, Grace Jabbari, Dana Fouras, Aysa Malliphant
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
This "Fast Ship" item ships faster than most! It typically ships 1 business day after you place your order.
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times quoted in checkout are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.