Synopsis: Steve Coogan and Judi Dench star in this Academy Award-nominated drama about a mother's search for the child she was forced to give up years before. Director Stephen Frears' drama, based on former BBC political correspondent Martin Sixsmith's book 'The Lost Child of Philomena Lee', follows Sixsmith (Coogan) as he sets out to help Lee (Dench) in her search for the illegitimate son who was taken from her by the Catholic Church when she fell pregnant in 1952. As the trail eventually leads them to the United States and her son's remarkable story, the pair find that, despite their age difference, they begin to form a deep, enduring bond. The film was nominated for Oscars for Best Picture, Best Actress (Dench), Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Score and won the BAFTA for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Director: Stephen Frears
Cast: Steve Coogan, Judi Dench, Charlie Murphy, Simone Lahbib, Neve Gachev
Region Code: B (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.