The Children Act  (DVD)
Synopsis: British drama in which a high court judge must make a life-or-death decision on behalf of a child while struggling with her own problems in her personal life. Putting her marriage and own self-interests on the back burner, Fiona Maye (Emma Thompson) puts her time and energy into a high-profile case which sees a 17-year-old Jehovah's Witness refuse a life-saving blood transfusion due to his religious principles. With the boy's condition worsening by the day, it is up to Fiona to ultimately decide whether to overrule the parents' and child's decision and enforce the blood transfusion or to grant the family their wish and dismiss it. When Fiona liaises with the boy herself to gain a greater understanding of his needs feelings of regret rise to the surface as she reflects on her failing marriage and her husband, Jack (Stanley Tucci), begs her to fight for their relationship. When the time comes for Fiona to lay down the law, which path will she choose and can she mend her broken bond with her husband?
Director: Richard Eyre
Cast: Fionn Whitehead, Emma Thompson, Stanley Tucci, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Ben Chaplin
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.