The Illusionist  (DVD)
Synopsis: The Illusionist is one of a dying breed of stage entertainers. With emerging rock stars stealing his thunder in the late 1950s, he is forced to accept increasingly obscure assignments in fringe theatres, at garden parties and in bars and cafés. However, whilst performing in a village pub off the west coast of Scotland, he encounters Alice, an innocent young girl, who will change his life forever.
The Illusionist is a love letter from a father to his daughter. For Sophie Tatischeff, the daughter of Jacques Tati, comedy genius and French cinema legend, this touching correspondence could not be left undelivered. Catalogued in the CNC (Centre National de la Cinématographie) archives under the impersonal moniker ‘Film Tati Nº 4’, this un-produced script has waited half a century for hands to flick through its pages and realize its potential. Those eager hands belonged to Sylvain Chomet, the Oscar nominated and critically acclaimed creator of The Triplets of Belleville/Belleville Rendezvous, who enthusiastically rose to the challenge to fulfil an impossible dream--to once again bring the magic of the incomparable Jacques Tati to life.
Director: Sylvain Chomet
Cast: Jean-Claude Donda, Eilidh Rankin, Duncan MacNeil, Raymond Mearns, James T. Muir
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.