Films That Define A Decade: '80s (DVD)
Synopsis: Collection of four classic films from the 1980s. In 'The Blues Brothers' (1980), brothers Jake (John Belushi) and Elwood (Dan Aykroyd) lend a hand when the church orphanage in which they were raised is threatened with closure. Resolving to get their old band together and stage a fund-raising gig, the brothers must overcome a number of unexpected obstacles along the way. In 'An American Werewolf in London' (1981), American students David Kessler (David Naughton) and Jack Goodman (Griffin Dunne) are spending their holidays backpacking around England. After becoming lost on the moors, they are attacked by a savage animal. Jack is killed, but when David wakes in a London hospital weeks later he is horrified to receive a visit from the rotting corpse of an undead Jack, who informs him that the creature which attacked them was in fact a werewolf. Unless David kills himself, he will fall prey to the monster's curse at the next full moon. 'Scarface' (1983) follows the story of up-and-coming gangster Tony Montana (Al Pacino) after he arrives in Miami as a Cuban refugee. With his friend Manny (Steven Bauer), Tony carries out a hit on a politician, earning him the gratitude of drug dealer Frank Lopez (Robert Loggia). Tony rises rapidly in the organisation, but courts disaster when he becomes involved with Frank's cocaine-addicted wife, Elvira (Michelle Pfeiffer). Finally, in 'The Thing' (1982), a research team in the Antarctic is terrorised by a shape-changing monster following the discovery of an alien spaceship deep beneath the ice. Unsure of who is alive and who has been assimilated by the creature, R.J. MacReady (Kurt Russell) and the rest of his men face a desperate battle to survive.
Director: John Landis, Brian De Palma, John Carpenter, John Hughes, Ivan Reitman
Cast: John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Carrie Fisher, John Candy, David Naughton
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.