The Matrix Trilogy: Matrix / Reloaded / Revolutions  (DVD)
Synopsis: The first film of The Matrix trilogy established the Wachowski brothers as innovative filmmakers who push the boundaries of live-action films. Like the groundbreaking Star Wars, The Matrix showcases a unique visual style, one the Wachowskis achieved through an array of techniques and digital effects, some never before seen in mainstream Hollywood films. Although computer morphing technology had been used before in The Abyss and Terminator 2, the Wachowskis were the first to use "bullet time", a time-bending digital effect that utilises both computer-generated imagery and still photography. The sequel The Matrix Reloaded showcased that visual style to further effect, with The Matrix Revolutions completing the trilogy.
The first film is a complex story that aspires to mythology, focusing on a computer hacker named Neo (Keanu Reeves) who searches for the truth behind the mysterious force known as the Matrix. He finds his answer with a group of strangers led by the charismatic Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne). What they encounter in confronting that truth makes for a lightning-paced, eye-popping thrill ride of a movie. The Matrix is packed with stunning fight scenes (choreographed by accomplished Hong Kong director Yuen Wo-Ping), astonishing visual effects, quotable lines, and a memorable supporting cast (led by Carrie-Anne Moss, in her first major Hollywood film). The Matrix Reloaded sequel delivers added amounts of everything that the first film had, with the exception of surprises. We see more of the "real world" in the last human city of Zion and we go back to the 1999-look urban virtual reality of the Matrix for more encounters with artificially intelligent baddies and--the real reason you're watchingthere are a lot more martial arts superheroics. This is just part one of a story that spans two sequels, with the final film of the trilogy, The Matrix Revolutions, required viewing to tie up the story and sort out a great deal of plot complexity.
Director: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski, Bruce Hunt, Kimble Rendall
Cast: Jada Pinkett Smith, Laila Robins, Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne
Region Code: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for any reason within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Delivery: Ship times are estimates of time in transit after your product leaves the fulfillment center. Some items in your order may ship separately to arrive faster.
- Multi-item Orders: Expedited shipping options are not available in the checkout for multi-item orders that include Fast Ship items AND products that are not noted as Fast Ship.
- Availability: Ships to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Delivery Policy: For more information, see our Shipping Policy here.